Re: HP1005

On 30/07/09 12:53, Patrick Dupre wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Frank Murphy wrote:

On 30/07/09 12:23, Patrick Dupre wrote:
Hello,

My Hp laserjet P1005 was working fine until yesterday after the last
release of fedora 11 !!!

I get a error: dBus initialization error. Exiting
and
error: Start/Stop printer operation failed

Did yo use HP-Setup or system-config-printer initially?
Yes.

In fact I also to try reinstall manually
(http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/fedora_core.html)
I would say
delete that printer from system->administration->printing (assuming gnome)

remove the hp* stuff, both manual and Fedora installed.
yum erase hplip* hpijs

The yum install hplip hpijs,
and try find the printer through where uninstalled above
If on KDE, don't know the meuns.

--snipped---