Re: ppd file

On 30/07/09 17:01, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 15:45 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:

can somebody tell me which package provides the ppd file ?

*The* PPD file?  There's one almighty one??  ;-)  For what purpose is
this PPD file that you speak of?

I can see many PPD files on my system that belong to these packages:

a2ps
cups
footmatic
ghostscript

Other ppd files can be downloaded from:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting
But it is *advisable* where possible to stick to the distro for rpms

Because most outside sources will not have been adapted to play nice.