Re: no hardware acceleration?

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, john wendel wrote:

I've got a box with a geforce 5200 LE, and it displays video just fine if I use the "evil" Nvidia driver. The "nouveau" driver (which you probably have) isn't quite ready for prime time.

I get the driver from the Nvidia website, but it can also be yummed from the rpmfusion-nonfree repo.

I used yum.
Thanks.
Life is better now.

I wrote a bit soon.
Since getting the nvidia driver, suspend to disk no longer works.
When I try to unsuspend, the machine goes through part of
the startup sequence, but eventually the screen goes dark.

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.