Fedora 11 does display suspend work for you: CRT vs. LCD

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Jul 31 00:15:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:02:46 -0400
Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

> On Fedora 11, does your display suspend after the screensaver
> activates (assuming that you have asked it to suspend)?>

F11, x86_64, crt, gnome, nouveau.  I didn't do anything to set it except
change how long it waits before going dormant.  Seems to happen
simultaneously, screen goes blank (my selection), and the power save
comes on.

When it restarts I have to wait 5 or 10 seconds while it warms up again, before there is video.  i.e. it is really going low
power.