Package Question

Ed Warner edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 01:28:39 UTC 2009

> Message: 11
> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:01:31 +0000
> From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>
> Subject: RE: Package Question
> To: "'Community assistance,
> encouragement,    and advice for using
>     Fedora.'"    <fedora-list at redhat.com>

> >I installed F11 as a new install rather than an update.
> It did not install rp-pppoe nor some other rpm's I needed.
> Trying to install them from the CD give me an error about
> not being able to reach the >repository.
> >
> >Did I download the wrong install ISO?
> >Thanks,
>
> What cd did you fetch, and how did you try to install the
> rpm's?
> Did you enable a Media repo?
> Need some info :)

I don't remember which cd I got. I tried to install logged in as su.
The problem is I can't make a network connection to the internet because it tells me I need to install rp-pppoe. That's what I manually tried to install. I can't reach the repo because I don't have an internet connection.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:03:15 -0400
> From: Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>
> Subject: Re: Package Question
> To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for
> using Fedora.
>     <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> Ed Warner writes:
>

> > I installed F11 as a new install rather than an
> update. It did not install rp-pppoe nor some other rpm's I
> needed. Trying to install them from the CD give me an error
> about not being able to reach the repository.
> >
> > Did I download the wrong install ISO?
>
> No, you don't need an install CD.
>
> "yum install <packagename>" will download the
> package, and install it.

No, I cannot use yum if I don't have an internet connection.