Re: Package Question

Hello Ed,

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
On 07/30/2009 08:03 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Ed Warner writes:

I installed F11 as a new install rather than an update. It did not
install rp-pppoe nor some other rpm's I needed. Trying to install them
from the CD give me an error about not being able to reach the
repository.

Did I download the wrong install ISO?
No, you don't need an install CD.

"yum install <packagename>" will download the package, and install it.

Might be kind tough.  Isn't rp-pppoe needed to bring up his internet
connection?

I don't know whether the install media you used has the package you are looking for. If you have the DVD handy, then setting up a local repo will let you use yum to install it. This thread might be of help,

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-June/thread.html#01934

If the DVD doesn't have the package you can try finding the dependencies from services like rpbone or rpmfind and downloading the corresponding rpms from the fedora repositories. Then you can use
$ rpm -ivh *.rpm

GL
--
Suvayu