Package Question

Rick Sewill rsewill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 01:57:54 UTC 2009

> No, I cannot use yum if I don't have an internet connection.

You must be using a friend's email account to send email.

Can your friend download RPMs for you and burn CDs for you?

I could be wrong...but am guessing the Fedora download directory
can be found at:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/

Assuming you have Fedora 11, the following *may* or *may not* work:
For x86_64:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/x86_64/os/Packages/rp-pppoe-3.10-2.fc11.x86_64.rpm

For i386:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/rp-pppoe-3.10-2.fc11.i586.rpm

I say this *may not* work because these RPMs may be later than your
installed Fedora and may require other packages to be upgraded.
You may need other packages installed for these RPMs to work.

In theory, once you have one of these packages, based on whether you are
32 bit or 64 bit, you should be able to do rpm -ivh packagename

Do people think this is a bug because the release DVD should contain
everything you need to get to the Internet?  Should he visit
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
and write a bug on this?