why are my e-mail not get through?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 05:17:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 19:31 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> g wrote:
> > Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> >
> >> I've sent one e-mail that seemed to go through to the list,
> >> but then another which gives me the failure notice
> >> from *.de why?
> >>

> > read failure notice again. you will find that it is a bounce to a list
> > subscriber who closed his isp account and did not can subscription to
> > this list.
> >

> I don't get it, i.g.
> I'm receiving messages from users
> (must mean I'm subscribed).

You're misunderstanding G's comment. There is *another* user who is
still subscribed to the list with a broken email address. When you send
a message to the list, it can't be delivered to that user, and you're
getting an error message from his (former) ISP. It looks like the ISP in
question has a misconfigured mail server which is ignoring both the
Sender: and the Errors-To: headers in preference to the From: header.

It's not your mistake and there's nothing you can do about it (in fact
I'll be getting one of these myself shortly after sending this reply).

poc