Re: Mail bounce loop, I'm drowning in it.

David Boles wrote:
Antonio Olivares wrote:

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:

From: Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net>
Subject: Mail bounce loop, I'm drowning in it.
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 7:57 PM
Greetings;

hacker-24 versanet de

Please unsubscribe this person ASAP, his server is bouncing
the list messages back to our private in-boxes.

--
Does this ring a bell?  Anyone remember Peter Whalley?  It is Deja Vu all over again :)

I did not see this, till I sent a mail to the list :)

Regards,

Antonio

There has, IMHO, been a lot of strange activity on several of the Fedora
lists lately. 'Newcomers' that post rants about Fedora in general. How
things are done. What is 'wrong' with Fedora. Why can't Fedora include
this or that which is usually proprietary software. And then not
accepting the explanation.

The threads go on and on as someone tries to explain it. Sometimes the
OP will even reply. Usually they don't. When the thread finally dies out
another one, but different, appears the next day.

This email bounce is really strange too. I remember two posts from the
person(?). And then he is never heard from again.

It's like a strange form of SPAM. Something to disrupt the list and to
distract the members.

I find that very odd.

Probably secretly supporters of some competing OS. From the technical level of the posts I think you mean, perhaps CP/M?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>