The ideal mail client?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Jul 31 21:10:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Does anybody have knowledge of an mail client has the most ideal
> functionality for Fedora?

Obviously this will be different for everyone, but I vastly
prefer claws-mail, mainly because you can leave off the html
mail plugin and never see annoying html trash in mail :-).

As far as mail storage, I use dovecot and run my own imap
server, so it stores the mail, and I can use any mail client
without having to worry about transferring mailboxes. I can
also reference it remotely via encrypted connection which is
handy from work.