problems: print from evince

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 11:00:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 10:19 +1000, L wrote:
> ** (evince:): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: We need to prompt for authorization

You are using a device URI for a queue which requires authentication,
but the authentication details are not present in the URI, like this:

  smb://workgroup/server/share

After the first print job has been delivered, future jobs will require
authentication at print submission time and GTK+ does not currently
support this.

The work-around is to specify the authentication details in the device
URI, as has always been necessary in previous Fedora releases.  In
system-config-printer, click 'Choose...' next to the queue's device URI
and select the 'Set authentication details now' radio button.

Tim.
*/