Graphics card recommendation?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jun 2 00:22:47 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> The right choice is to pick one of the older ATI models (up to X1950),
see:
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon
> All except the r100 (Radeon 7000/VE) series have texturing, clipping and
> lighting (TCL) support.
>
> Also note that the cited Asus K8V-MX motherboard has an AGP port and no
> PCI-Express ports, so the right choice is an AGP card, not a PCI-Express
> card.

Thanks very much for this useful summary.
As you said in another posting,
I'm perfectly happy with any graphics that actually works,
the problem lies with the younger generation
who have higher expectations.

Somebody here in Dublin has offered me a free card,
so I'll try that first.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net