I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ... (Gene Heskett)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 2 22:10:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 09:33 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Why can't all of this audio crap have a 'service audio restart'?
> function?

Seconded!

There's a way of doing something like that, to restart the daemon
started per user, but I never remember the magic incantation.  I always
have to google it.

Alternatively, don't use pulseaudio the way Fedora does.  Don't start a
personal daemon with each user's session.  Start one central server, and
twiddle Fedora to make use of it.

I don't recall the details of how to do that, but it seems familiar that
you'd be adding your users to a pulseaudio group.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.