Two monitors, modelines, xorg.conf, and all that...

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200906 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:12:48 UTC 2009

Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> writes:
> When I plug in the VGA, X chooses the highest common resolution, which
> happens to be 1024x768. I can only ponder as to why a 22" VGA monitor
> does not want to do 1280x800, but that's not the question. What I
> would like to have is the following setup:

Under f11 this appears to have changed, at least for a Acer Aspire One
netbook I just tested.  When I plug a 1200x1600 monitor into it the
desktop comes up 1200x1600 instead of the 1024x600 it is when only the
native screen is attached.

So the answer my be, just wait a few days and upgrade to f11.  With
preupgrade is should be a painless upgrade.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11