WUSB54G firmware

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:12:17 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:

>> Jim,
>>
>> I 'm just shooting in the dark here, but something worth a try would
>> be to put both 'isl3886usb' and 'isl3890usb' in /lib/firmware. After
>> all in the messages it says the kernel is asking for both the
>> firmwares. Just a thought.
>>

> I did give both firmware names as
>
> 'isl3886usb' and 'isl3890usb' as you suggested and I'm kind of convinced
> that the firmware is not right for this adapter.
>
> The firmware I downloaded was for the 2.6.29 kernel, which is what I.m
> using.
>
> The output of Dmesg is attached.

Looks like that is the case. In that case you can try one of the
alternate options to get the firmware. Were you able to find out which
chip your adapter uses as I had suggested earlier? If you have that
info, you can try looking for it in here

http://daemonizer.de/prism54/prism54-fw/

The other option left for you would be to extract the firmware from the
windows binary that came with the product. This page from the Prism54
Project page might be of help.

http://lekernel.net/prism54/misc.html

good luck

--