WUSB54G firmware

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 04:16:54 UTC 2009

2009/6/4 Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
> On 06/04/2009 07:12 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> Looks like that is the case. In that case you can try one of the alternate
>> options to get the firmware. Were you able to find out which chip your
>> adapter uses as I had suggested earlier? If you have that info, you can try
>> looking for it in here
>>
>> http://daemonizer.de/prism54/prism54-fw/
>>
> What Linux command would read chip ID on a USB device.
> I've tried all the lsub options and nothing reads chipset.

I'm not sure that can be done. The most feasible way is to consult the
manufacturers website for technical specifications. If the
manufacturers were thorough enough, you might even get this info from
the manuals that came with the adapter (although very unlikely). If
all else fails an intense google search should give you some hints.
Things like part no. or revision of the particular model might be
helpful for the search.

good luck

--
Suvayu