Skype under Fedora-10

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 5 15:53:39 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Surely one doesn't have to pay for Skype
> if it is used through the computer at each end?

Free as in beer != Free as in speech

> I came to the conclusion that asterisk would require
> several weeks, if not months, of study,

Asterisk is for when you want to run your own SIP server. You don't have to,
you can just use one of the existing ones.

> while even ekiga challenged my weakening brain-cells.

Just go through the wizard. There's even a link to an SIP provider
(ekiga.net) where you can register an account in that wizard. But you could
use any SIP provider of your choice.

        Kevin Kofler