nforce 2 nic drivers on a7n8x

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jun 5 17:00:51 UTC 2009

Matthew Rockwell wrote:
> I am a newbie at linux so I am trying to learn.
>
> I have used fedora 7,8 and 9 and have been able to connect to the
> internet no problem but now i have 10 and I cant get it to start up.
> looking through the drivers I see no driver for my nforce 2 nvidia nic
> and need some help how to get it and install it so its running.
> my mobo is a a7n8x asus

I have the deluxe version of this board at home.  My F10 install worked
other than the fact the network starts at login with Network Manager.

This is different than the previous versions.

I disabled network manager and went back to the default networking.
There is a bug in the original config-network app that screws up the
network config files.

If you are looking for the drivers during boot, you won't see anything.

--
Robin Laing