Common F11 Bugs

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jun 5 20:25:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> All software has bugs.  Some are known, and some are unknown.
> Fortunately with free/libre and open source software, we have the
> ability to diagnose and understand bugs.
>
> In advance of Fedora 11 release, of course everyone has been hard at
> work stomping out bugs, but there are still issues we know are not
> fixed in the release.  For many of these we have workarounds.
> We've made a wiki page that records these bugs:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs

  do any of those bugs refer to the fact that (at least for me)
firefox is still teeth-grindingly slow?   i've mentioned this before
and i've tried everything i can think of to speed it up but, at this
point, it's utterly unusable.  even sitting there, it perpetually
sucks up 100% of the CPU on a dual core system, while seamonkey will
happily sit there, idling along at about 0.8%.

  i'll give it another shot with F11 but, really, i can't believe how
utterly useless firefox is.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday