Common F11 Bugs

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 5 21:43:57 UTC 2009

On 06/05/2009 04:43 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:25:55 -0400 (EDT)
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

>>    do any of those bugs refer to the fact that (at least for me)
>> firefox is still teeth-grindingly slow?   i've mentioned this before
>> and i've tried everything i can think of to speed it up but, at this
>> point, it's utterly unusable.  even sitting there, it perpetually
>> sucks up 100% of the CPU on a dual core system, while seamonkey will
>> happily sit there, idling along at about 0.8%.
>>
> There must be something really wrong with your system.  I have never seen that
> on any of numerous Fedora machines, unless you're at a web page that's using a
> lot of CPU to show you something or if something has got Firefox stuck in a
> tight loop of some kind.  In either case, simply closing and re-opening Firefox
> solves the problem.  Doing "nothing", Firefox uses an insignificant amount of
> CPU.
>
> Do you have some Firefox extension that's causing problems?  What happens if
> you remove all Firefox extensions?

My Firefox was really dragging it's feet, I noticed the Language Packs
were all enabled, I disabled them all except for English (Great Britain)
I did not see any English (USA) so I accepted (Great Britain) When I
speak with a Englishman I generally  can understand what their saying.
And it made my Firefox a lot faster.