PS Re: Something bollixing packagekit

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sat Jun 6 16:11:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:41:23 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 07:16:23PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:30:03 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
	[....]
>> 	The problem exists only on this one machine. I thought I had
>> disabled NM some time ago in system-config-services; maybe some reboot
>> restarted it??
>
> You can check that:
>
> $ su -c '/sbin/chkconfig --list NetworkManager'

[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ su -c '/sbin/chkconfig --list NetworkManager'
Password:
NetworkManager 	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$

	-- which, alas!, is meaningless to me.

> If you did, you probably want to change that PK configuration option
> above to "false."

	Simply open that .conf file and change "true" to "false"?

>> 	I have seen those markings somewhere, but don't find them now.
>> According to gedit, nm-system-settings.conf contains only
>
> No need to dig in text files, you can just use the System >
> Administration > Network tool and turn off the "Managed by
> NetworkManager" option for the interface, and mark it to start by
> default at boot time.

	I had to discover the place under the Edit button, but I did.
Both those were already set that way.