how to install wmware in foedora 64

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Jun 6 22:02:05 UTC 2009

David wrote:
> On 6/5/2009 11:50 PM, Nathan Huang wrote:
> VMware is closed source and expensive. About $200.00 American dollars
> for a license that is good for one release and a discount on the update
> to the next release only. Third update is full price again.

Maybe for business pricing, but when I installed VMWare server, I was
able to obtain (from VMWare) 10 licenses for free.  I'd upgraded twice
since then (once from the .i386 to the .x86_64 RPM) and no cost has been
associated with it, nor has my working license "expired".

Now, I must admit, that my Windows XP vmware-image came from my vendor,
but as long as you already have a virtual OS set up, there is no cost to
upgrade.  I haven't tried to create a new image either (which I assume I
can just put one of my remaining 9 licenses towards).

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net