Skype under Fedora-10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 7 12:11:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 11:44 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I fail to see how my using Skype takes anyone else's freedom away,
> there are dozens of phone vendors, my choice of Skype does not impact
> their choice in the slightest, they pick up a phone and call me.

To paint the picture more fully, imagine having to have five telephones
on your desk, and remember which is the right one to call which people,
because they're on different telephone companies, and they don't
interconnect.

That's the situation with Skype, because *they* refuse to use a standard
protocol.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686