Fedoraproject certificate bad??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 20:13:55 UTC 2009

	(followups set to the Fedora list; the Galeon one seems intent on
emulating the proverbial doornail.)

	When I try to connect with

https://fedoraproject.com/wiki/SIGs/FedoraMini

using Epiphany, I get a warning with a button, which enables me to accept
the ostensibly bad certificate; but when I try with Galeon, I get the
warning without the button, and with a very unhelpful suggestion instead.

	Galeon's reaction looks like this :

Secure Connection Failed

fedoraproject.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for fedoraproject.org

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

    * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it
could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the
error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

          Or you can add an exception…

You should not add an exception if you are using an internet connection
that you do not trust completely or if you are not used to seeing a
warning for this server.

If you still wish to add an exception for this site, you can do so in
your advanced encryption settings.

	<sarcasm mode on>
	Yaaa, shuuure. Maybe if you have the magic ring and know the
secret magic code; I sure couldn't.
	<sarcasm mode off>

	Actually, if the condition claimed by both Epiphany (which did
take me to the site when I insisted) and Galeon (which failed) is in fact
the case, then the real trouble is an oversight in the fedoraproject wiki
-- and perhaps thus correctible by someone on this list.