Documenting using asterisk with fedora talk?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 8 16:43:19 UTC 2009

I spent some time this past weekend working on getting fedora talk working
with asterisk. I have a Digium TDM400P analog card with a mix of fxs and fxo
ports and I wanted to be able to use fedora talk with my normal phones.
There isn't any documentation on how to get asterisk to connect to fedora
talk on the fedora talk web page (pretty much just using twinkle).

I have some simple conf files (sip.conf, extensions.conf and chan_dahdi.conf)
that allow inbound calls to my fedora talk extension to ring my phones, a
dial plan that allows me to call fedora talk extensions from my home phones
(I don't have a normal land line just a data T1) through asterisk and some
loopback tests (where I can call one phone in the house from another phone
in the house going through either through my fedora talk sip account or
the sip server provided by asterisk).

I'd be willing to put this up somewhere, but I am not sure where to do the
data entry (Fedora Talk seems to be it's own area), how to get it reviewed
(well I think I would email the infrastructure list for that), and how
to get it linked from relevant places once it has been reviewed.