Is this the real Fedora 11? I ask because of the file dates...

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 23:05:45 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Is this the real Fedora 11? I ask because of the file dates...
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 3:35 PM
> Fernando Cassia wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at
> > <mailto:kevin.kofler at chello.at>>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Fernando Cassia wrote:
> >     > Are the dates OK?
> >
> >     Yes. Releases are made several
> days before the actual release,
> >     files don't
> >     get magically beamed to the
> mirrors, it takes time to mirror them.
> >
> >            Kevin Kofler
> >

> > Thanks Kevin.I figured that. But just wanted to be
> sure what I got
> > wasn´t a  prerelease version.
> >
> > Also incidentally,after I grabbed my 6 CD images, the
> mirror owner
> > decided to remove his local mirror apparently.
> > :-(
> >
> > FC
>
> You should be able to check the validity of downloaded
> files with
> checksums (sha256sum, I hear). If it matches what's on the
> main Fedora
> page then you got the right files :)
>

> --

On a related note somewhat some of my friends downloaded the live KDE iso for Fedora 11, but they were not sure how to check the download.   I told them to search for sha1sum.exe, but then it is really sha256sum that they need.

Where can one get the sha256sum executable for winblow$, aka the evil empire if users download the isos via Windows?

Thanks,

Antonio