F11 - Unmitigated Disaster

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Wed Jun 10 03:02:04 UTC 2009

Hmmm.. I just installed F11 today on my laptop.

I did a custom install (i.e. I selected every package from

the customization menus). Yeah... a big and time consuming installation.

I am not having the problems you are reporting at all. In fact,

I get to the login prompt in exactly 35 seconds from boot start

(i.e. from the time when I select which OS to boot from the grub menu).

My cpu is an old uniproc amd64, though my kernel is i386.

My ram is 2GB.

I am not booting the default kernel, which has the PAE (Physical Address Extension).

I am booting the non-PAE kernel.

I wonder if that has an impact on performance. Have you tried to install

and boot from the non-PAE kernel?

Cheers,

MK-RS