language input

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 10 15:50:30 UTC 2009

KDE 4 / Fedora 10

I am trying to add Chinese language. I added via yum, scim-pinyin
kde-l10n-Chinese openoffice.org-langpack-zh_CN (and dependencies).

I have enabled the Chinese keyboard in systemsettings and have logged
out and logged back in again.

I have the keyboard switcher between English and Chinese in my task bar
and can switch back and forth but if I start either openoffice.org or
kwrite, neither allow me to type Chinese like I can in Windows. What do
I need to do?

Craig

believed to be clean.