Update to F11 or new install?

homburg at tips-Q.com homburg at tips-Q.com
Wed Jun 10 20:05:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:20:19 -0500
"Smith, Herb" <herb.smith at boeing.com> wrote:

> The upgrade guide says:
>
> While upgrading from Fedora 10 is supported, you are more
> likely to have a consistent experience by backing up your
> data and then installing this release of Fedora 11 over
> your previous Fedora installation.

If I had to do it again, I would DEFINITELY do a clean
install. I had innumerable problems after an upgrade. I
spent considerably more time fixing the system than I would
have spent on a backup-restore.

Once I got it fixed, however, F11 is definitely worth the
time. It is definitely snappier with a rapid-fire boot.
--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"
http://www.tips-Q.com