f11 install with radeon video still needs to bypass that chip

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 10 21:30:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:57:51 -0400
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    i notice that i still need to install f11 with "basic" video to bypass
> the brokenness with the radeon video driver.  oh, well, maybe someday ...

I just installed F11 on new i7-940 computer that I just bought yesterday
afternoon.  This one, in fact.  It has a Radeon X1950 Pro video card in it and
the installer worked fine in graphic mode.  It actually came up in as a square
that occupied about 1/3 of the middle of my widescreen monitor, and the rest of
the screen was black.  It didn't matter, though, as it worked fine and
everything came up full-screen and beautiful after the installation was
completed.  I didn't have to fiddle around with the video on this setup at all.