ISO download very failed

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 00:44:04 UTC 2009

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> Aldo Foot wrote:
>>> It probably was just an incomplete download.
>> Could be, he never mentioned the size of the ISO file.
>>
> Would that make a difference with a torrent download? I thought the
> file was full size, but may have holes in it until the torrent
> finishes. Doesn't the file get filled with the chunks available at
> the time, and not in order from beginning to end?

When I've looked at files that were downloading, I've noticed that it
only allocates space for the furtherest chunk that its has downloaded.
Yes, undownloaded chunks are holes, but the file isn't full size unless
the last chuck has been downloaded.  My experience is that I see file
sizes grow during the download so I suspect the last chunk is one of the
last chunks to be requested.  It might not *have* to be, but my
experience says that it is.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com