proper way to configure a samsung scx-4826fn printer under f11?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Jun 11 11:04:06 UTC 2009

  under my fresh f11 install, my multifunction samsung scx-4826fn
printer just magically showed up under System -> Admin -> Printing,
but it's definitely not printing properly (among other things,
double-sided isn't working).  under f10 (if memory serves), i needed
to manually install the proper drivers, so i'm a bit confused about
the proper way to do it now.

  obviously, the fact that it appeared to be automatically configured
isn't everything, and i've already downloaded the relevant tarballs
from here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/support.do?group=printersmultifunction&type=printersmultifunction&subtype=monochromelasermultifunctionprintersfaxes&model_nm=SCX-4826FN&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=DR&vType=&prd_ia_cd=06010300&disp_nm=SCX-4826FN&model_cd=SCX-4826FN/XAA&menu=download

  so can someone clarify the *proper* recipe for this (which might
also apply to other printing devices)?  i'd rather not forge ahead
blindly and pooch the setup.  thanks.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday