Fedora 10 and plotters? - OT

DJ Delorie dj at delorie.com
Thu Jun 11 16:39:31 UTC 2009

Kevin Kempter <kevin at kevinkempterllc.com> writes:

> I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience running an HP
> plotter via Linux, are there any gotcha's? do I have to tweak
> anything to tell the printer (and Linux) that I'm printing to 36"
> paper as opposed to 24"? Will the automatic roll feed and cutter
> just work? etc..

I have a DesignJet 350C that I use from Linux (FC6), with a 36" roll
feed.  The only program I've found that understands "rolls" is the
Gimp - you tell it you have a 36" roll and how much paper to use, and
it fits the print in accordingly.  Other programs, I pick "Arch E" for
the paper size.

The actual feed and cut is managed by my printer, not the computer,
although I don't have an automatic cutter.