F11 - monitor doesn't sleep

Brian Mury brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca
Thu Jun 11 20:35:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Frank Cox<theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> I didn't need to do a darn thing with the video -- it just works.  However,
> my monitor never goes to sleep any more.

I have the same problem with F11. Worked fine with F10. I might have
been using xscreensaver on F10 (I can't remember), I am currently
using the default gnome-screensaver on F11. I was thinking of
replacing it with xscreensaver to see if it that would work. This is
probably more of a gnome-power-manager issue than a screensaver issue
though. There are a few gnome-power-manager bugs in bugzilla that may
be related.

My card is a Radeon 9200.

Brian