OpenJDK / IcedTea is ###p

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jun 12 13:56:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Fedora does not support proprietary software. If you want it, you're
> on your own. Fedora won't install it for you, you'll have to do it
> yourself. But Sun Java is one of the least needed pieces of
> proprietary software now that we have OpenJDK/IcedTea.

  at this point, if we selected "Java Development" during the f11
install, do we have a fully functional java development environment?
is there a precise list of packages we can verify that would guarantee
this?  just curious.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday