fc12 out already ?

James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 14:20:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 18:30 -0400, Andrew Jamison wrote:
> On 6/11/2009 3:45 PM, James Bridge wrote:
> > Having just installed F11, I let it do all the upgrades and it then
> > failed to load. I reinstalled and looking at the list of updates, I see
> > that the kernel upgrade is marked 2.6.30-0.97.rc8.fc12(x86_64). There
> > are many others also marked fc12. This must be a very recent change
> > because I had already installed F11 and upgraded it succesfully
> > (yesterday) but alas due to my own stupidity had to start again
> >
> > I know F11 was a couple of weeks late but trying to compensate by
> > bringing F12 out 6 months early is sure to bring disappointment...
> >
> I am guessing you using an older version of the fedora 11 iso one before
> it was released. This is problematic because at the time it was composed
> F11 was rawhide however now rawhide is development for f12 meaning you
> need to download and install a f11 release iso to get the fedora repos
> and not the rawhide repos

Thanks, everyone! My dvd writer was playing up and I tried to install
from the f11 beta live cd. Seemed to work, until the update problem.
After reinstalling, I found that an attempt to change the repository
raised an error which prevented me doing anything.

I have now bought a new dvd writer and installed from the f11 dvd -
which I had already got. All seems good so far.
--
James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>