F11 dvd media errors

rob at heape.net rob at heape.net
Fri Jun 12 14:47:30 UTC 2009

Smae thing happened with me with F11 DVD.  I was thinking it had to do
more with the nuances of DVD burning than anything else.  I have an older
DVD r/w drive in my Fedora box and I burned it very quickly with another
DVD writer using a DVD -R that was standard at best.

What I did was burn slower and use the "best" DVD +R media that I know of
to get a clean burn of the DVD. After that, everything worked fine.

My advice:
 - Get the most recommended/best DVD media you can
 - Slow it up. Burn at a slow rate (IMO produces a higher quality/better
burn of DVD)

-Rob