Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 12 18:33:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:16:31 +0300
Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> Um, the deltarpms *are* being generated.  Yes, yum-presto is not
> installed by default, but *all* you have to do is "yum install
> yum-presto", and it will work automatically.

Which leaves the so-far unanswered question:  Should we enable the yum-presto
stuff?

I have several computers and I'm not short of bandwidth (gosh, it's nice to be
able to say that) but it's still nice to be able to get things done
efficiently.  But Rahul said that some mirror folks might prefer to avoid the
extra processing required by the deltarpm stuff in favour of the use of extra
bandwidth.

So... is enabling presto-rpm at this time a good idea or not?