Advanced Installer

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jun 12 19:13:17 UTC 2009

davide wrote:
> Il Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:24:36 +0930, Tim ha scritto:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 01:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> Remember /boot can't be lvm nor encrypted, nor for the time being ext4.
>> Is there any point it being anything more than ext2?  It's hardly used,
>> only during bootup and when installing a new kernel.
>>

> Indeed I was thinking to keep it in ext2.
> I was thinking also to put into it a iso for a live system (like finnix
> or grml) just in case something goes wrong, grub2 can boot the iso
> directly.

One other point to keep in mind - whatever file system you pick, it
has to be one that Grub understands. It is possible to use a file
system Grub does not read, but you have to re-install Grub every
time you update the kernel, change the Grub menu, etc. (Unless you
are not using Grub as your boot loader.)

Mikkel