Evolution hangs overnight

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 04:37:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 20:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 01:27 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:06:54 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>

> > > It's done this to me off and on over the past several years, but I never
> > > managed to figure out what it was before it suddenly went away again,
> > > i.e. I don't think it's a specifically F11 problem.
> > >
> > > poc
> >
> > It's not. It's been doing this to me throughout the life of F9 and I was
> > hoping it would be fixed in F11.
> ----
> I turned off SSL/TLS for receiving messages (F10) and Evolution seems
> much happier. That's not a solution but I think that is where the
> problem comes from.

I haven't tried that, and would prefer not to for security reasons.
However my suspicions have focussed more on possible LDAP problems. Note
that Evo can consult LDAP when you least expect it, e.g. if you turn on
the Preference setting to not check for Junk if the sender is in your
address book, and don't tell it to look only at *local* address books,
it will do LDAP lookups every time it fetches mail. This used to cause
me endless grief till I turned it off.

poc