OpenJDK / IcedTea is ###p

David dgboles at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 06:08:15 UTC 2009

> Again, are you sure you do? OpenJDK is 100% compliant to the JCK (Java
> Compatibility Kit, the official Java compliance test) and something like
> 99% identical to Sun Java 1.6 (it supports even several non-standard sun.*
> and com.sun.* classes and other implementation details, as it's derived
> from the same codebase).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I'm sorry for this rant Kevin. And to the rest the list too. I'm sorry.

Your 'holier that thou' attitude really turns me off. Your Linux
'purist' attitude. Your Linux Zealotry. It SUX! Big time.

As it does for others that can't say this.

{1} I *use* what works for my bread.

If that happens to be pure Linux? Well then Great! If the happens to
*not* be pure Linux? Go back and reread (1).

I need 'the real stuff' for several things. And, in spite of people such
as you, that is what I am going to use. I will continue to 'try' the
Linux 'knock-offs' and when they do the job? Great. Until? I need 'the
real stuff'.

--

  David