F11 is requiring root priv to mount DVD/CD - auto-magic method isn't working

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Jun 13 07:10:43 UTC 2009

When I insert a DVD/CD, the media is detected in KDE device notifier
as expected.  I'm then given suggested
actions for the device.  When I select "Open with Dolphin" I receive
the message:

Unable to run the command specified.  The file or folder
file:///mnt/source does not exist.

I then open Dolphin and see the device in the left panel under places.
 When I select it there
I receive:

An error occurred while accessing "DVD_LABEL"; the system responded:
mount:  only root can mount /dev/sr0 on /mnt/source

This is a vanilla reinstall from scratch and I've done a yum update to
bring everything up to current level.

Anyone have any suggestions?   I look in the /var/log/messages and
don't see any errors.  I can create a mount point and mount from root,
but shouldn't have to do that.