reverting from Fedora 11 to Fedora 10 (Intel video trauma)

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Sat Jun 13 09:16:01 UTC 2009

Is there any simple way to revert an upgrade from Fedora 10 to Fedora
11?  I'd like to preserve /home, /usr/local and at least copies of
configuration and log files, but I'd rather not have to copy everything
onto an external drive and wipe the system.

My Intel G45/X4500 motherboard graphics doesn't work with the Fedora 11
drivers - they detect my 1920x1200 monitor as 1920x1200 AND 1024x768
and insist on doing 1024x768, while system-config-display just hangs
and requires a reboot - and the bugzilla reports I've found that
seem to be for this problem don't show any sign of an imminent fix.
Reverting to Fedora 10 seems like the only quick way of getting back
to a usable system.

Danny.