OpenJDK / IcedTea is ###p

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:24:30 UTC 2009

On 13/06/09 06:25, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Again, are you sure you do? OpenJDK is 100% compliant to the JCK (Java
> Compatibility Kit, the official Java compliance test) and something like
> 99% identical to Sun Java 1.6 (it supports even several non-standard sun.*
> and com.sun.* classes and other implementation details, as it's derived
> from the same codebase).

This is not my experience. I am unable to logon to my netbank using IcedTea.
However, I hope sometime to be able to, since I am working with the
maintainer to fix the bugs. One has already been fixed but another showed up
behind the first and is being dealt with at the moment. In the meantime I
use Sun Java 1.6 which does has no problem. We'll see how many more bugs
show up.

--
Erik.