F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

Jason Ish ish at unx.ca
Sat Jun 13 14:56:04 UTC 2009

Hi All.

I'm hoping I just missed something here.  I recently installed F11 on my
Lenovo X61 laptop without a swap partition, I've since added one (and set it
up in /etc/fstab) as I'd like hibernate to work.

Currently hibernate will go down, but it will not come back.  When booting
up, the swap part of the init process just says something about user space
swap data found, reinitializing.

Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I ask, b/c
suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and F10.

Thanks for any help.