Other host already uses address -

Partha kira.laucas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:29:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:09:54AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Partha wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 08:29:34AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>

> Yes, when I plug [a 2 gig] in usb 1-8: Product: Disk 2.0
> Also lists Manufacturer and SerialNumber on sequent lines.
>> what does fdisk -l show ?
>>
> /dev/sdb1        W95  Fat32
>
> I thought that was the windows partition but now I see it's a different
> drive and must be the thumb drive. But I can't mount /dev/sdb1   it's
> not in fstab?
>> can you mount them manually ?

if you are sure that is your thumb drive then mount it the traditional way. i.e mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 <your mountpoint>.

> What do you think I should do next? Those things have always "just worked."

In a bleeding edge distro like fedora there are and will be regressions that will break up things that normally worked in older versions. Actually i just came from a clean install of fedora 11. but my creative soundblaster card does not work which if i can remember correctly is/was working from centos-4 and up to fedora 10 with pulseaudio enabled. I managed to work around by removing pulseaudio after 1 hour of headache and frustation.