Other host already uses address -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Jun 13 21:59:12 UTC 2009

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> It's difficult without the ethernet connection,
> Wait a moment - are you trying to bring up both eth0 and eth1 on the
> same network? The pan0 is not the second NIC. I don't remember what
> it is off hand...
>
> As far as moving messages from one computer to another when having
> network problems, I find saving the output to a PEN drive, or flash
> memory card and moding that to another machine works well. (Kind of
> like the old "sneaker net" that consisted of moving floppies from
> machine to machine... :-)
>
> Mikkel

        After struggling to get the USB thumb drive working so I could
        transfer files between boxes by that primitive means I suddenly
        have eth0 working and an internet connection. It's busy doing an
        F-10 update, about one third of the way through the list
        already. Of course it does the smallest files first so it will
        take some time to complete but this is a quantum step forward.

        I'm still puzzling over what caused things to begin working.

        All my installs recently have been via the LiveCD and internet
        to yum is essential to get everything I want installed.

        For the moment all is well.

        Thanks for the help.

        Bob