HOWTO? Install TrueType fonts (not MS freefonts) onto Fedora 10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 14 08:28:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 00:31 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I don't think that is correct. If you move a file within the same file
> system or you copy using the appropiate preserve option then you
> should get the original context (assuming selinux doesn't block this).
> Otherwise the context depends on the context cp is running in and the
> context of the directory it is being copied to (usually you get the
> same context as the directory).

Once and for all, the behaviour is:

If you *simply* copy a file, the newly written copy gets given the
appropriate contexts for the location it's been written to.  You can
change that behaviour with copying options.

If you simply move a file, then the contexts applied to the original
file (which are probably wrong) will still be applied to the newly moved
file.

This is why things foul up when people create configuration files in
their own homespace, then move them to the correct location.  They still
have userspace contexts, instead of system/configuration contexts.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.