F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:51:08 UTC 2009

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jason Ish <ish at unx.ca
> <mailto:ish at unx.ca>> wrote:
>     I'm hoping I just missed something here.  I recently installed F11
>     on my Lenovo X61 laptop without a swap partition, I've since added
>     one (and set it up in /etc/fstab) as I'd like hibernate to work.
>
>     Currently hibernate will go down, but it will not come back.  When
>     booting up, the swap part of the init process just says something
>     about user space swap data found, reinitializing.
>
>     Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I
>     ask, b/c suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9
>     and F10.
> I have installed Fedora 11 with a 200 MB /boot, 25 Gig EXT4 root, and
> 1.5 Gig Swap partition.
>
> Hibernate starts, and works. But upon resume, I get a black screen and a
> stuck mouse pointer, with some disk activity every minute or so.

There seems to be a problem with certain kernels, I haven't upgraded yet
to F11, but on CentOS 5.4pre, there are also some problems with the
newest kernel, try a different kernel (older or even newer) and do as
Tim suggested add resume=<your swap location or partition> in
/boot/grub/grub.conf at the end of the kernel line, however this is not
a requirement

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be