Repolist Problem

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:15:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:35:47 +0200, Thorsten wrote:

> > Livna has discontinued its service long ago
>
> Not really true, as I'd call this
>
> > and only provides a single package in its repos.
>
> as service ;-)

Splitting-hairs.

> > There is no Fedora 11 repo at Livna yet.
>
> That's untrue, there are repos that work fine with rawhide and F11 for a
> long time.
>
> The user seems to use a old and outdated repo file -- I guess he had not
> configured livna properly (e.g. using the livna-release rpm) or he
> didn't merge rpmnew files.
>
> Note that
> http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/
> is old, outdated and unmainted

That's bad and misleading, too.

> and what livna does now is in
> http://rpm.livna.org/repo/
>
> > As a
> > work-around, you can edit your /etc/yum.repos/*livna*.repo files and
> > replace $release with 10.
>
> Real solution: Do "rm -rf /etc/yum.repos/*livna*.repo" and then enable
> rpm.livna.org as decsribed on http://rpm.livna.org
>
> CU
> knurd

http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist
 and
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist

point to at least one mirror that only carries '5' and '8':
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/repo/

Way too confusing the deeper one looks into it.